Friday, October 30, 2009

DLC Halloween Carnival

Last night we went to the Halloween Carnival at the kids' school. It was a blast! I remember doing things like this when I was a kid--going from room to room, putting tickets in a pumpkin just to have my chance at tossing a bean bag or participating in a cake walk--and I think it might have been more fun to experience it as a parent through my child's eyes. Carter thought he was Mister Big Pants getting to do as many activities as he wanted and getting doted on by all the staff as the "cutest pirate ever!" And he was. And Olivia? Definitely the most precious fifties girl there ever was.

This morning as we were getting ready for school/work, Carter said, "Mommy, I'm going to put on my pirate costume and you and Daddy going to go to school with me again today?" I had to remind him that the carnival was a once-a-year thing, and he was really sad for about a half a second until I reminded him that it was party day at his school and that there would be pizza and candy. He sure is loving this Halloween thing and mommy is definitely getting her money's worth out of this pirate costume! And now for the pics...


Pumpkin bowling, "bobbing" for worms in a sea of whipped cream, ghost toss, and bean-bag knock over Frankenstein.

His teacher, his favorite, Ms. April.


Had to snap a shot with Mommy!
(this picture makes me realize that with a few alterations, I might could turn this costume into Aladdin next year)

Past her bedtime, but having a blast on Daddy's hip.


Ms. Whitney (pumpkin) and Ms. Etta (witch)
Both of these fine ladies have been Carter's teacher at one time while in the twos this year... a picture's worth a thousand words, right? This explains A LOT. ;-)


Miss Priss cheesing it up waiting for her hot dog


So a dragon and a pirate walk into a bar...


"Carter, give sissy a hug."
(not exactly the Kodak moment I pictured in my head)