Thursday, March 18, 2010

Put me in Coach!

Nick and I have joined our company sponsored co-ed softball team.  Though Nick has been playing on men's softball teams for several seasons now, I have not actually played on an organized team since, oh... about 20 years ago.  Now I thoroughly enjoyed my time with the Rubies and Suns in those early years (and might even be able to dig up some certifiably awesome team photos some day soon) but I really have no idea what I was thinking when I said this out-of-shape adult body of mine would actually pick up a glove and a bat and play.  At least I didn't promise not to make a complete fool out of myself.

We had our first practice last night, and I only have one small shin bruise to show for it.  Considering it's about the same amount of injury I incur on a daily basis from running into shelves & end tables, I consider that a raving success.  Sure, I have some sore muscles in my back and arms today, but I'm certain those will go away real soon. (Must.Get.Lighter.Bat)

So, nothing real important to report, yet, but if you happen to think of me on Monday nights for the next couple of months:

1. Cross your fingers that I'm not hurt.
2. Don't laugh.

Photobucket

No comments: