Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Snow. Snow? Snow!

Have I ever mentioned that I'm not much of a snow person?  Well, I'm not.  I mean, as a kid living in Texas, you come to love the occasional ice sheets that give you an unexpected day off from school, but the kind of snow in which you can play for hours, make snow ice cream and build snowmen the size of actual humans?  Un.Heard.Of. Until last week, that is.  And even now as a mom to small children, I still don't love the ice snow, if I'm being completely honest.  I'm glad it showed up, gave us a little time to play and take some photos, but honestly? I'm happy it's gone and even happier that we're expecting 60 degree temps by the end of the week.

I was only able to snap a couple of pics of the kiddos because they did all their fun snow activities with Daddy while I was at work and since I keep the camera in my purse, well...



Someone remind me of this next photo in July when the kids are begging me to play outside on their swingset mmkay?

Slush. Definitely made for a fun commute Friday morning.

Because it's pretty, that's why.

It took this tree 10 months to recover from the last big snow we had.  I'm guessing this time will be longer.

Doesn't your head lean just a little bit to the right just looking at this one?

Thanks for the snow, God.  Really.  It was fun to feel like we had an actual Winter here in Texas this year.  Now bring on the heat!

1 comment:

Haley said...

I was never a huge snow person either. I much prefer the heat. Then God made me move to Kansas City and now I hate the snow even more. I ask Ryan every day, "Why couldn't we have moved to Florida?!?!" I would die for 60 degrees right now. Heck, anything above 35 degrees would make me giddy! Stupid winter.