Tuesday, August 11, 2009

97-95-97

No, I did not just give you the combination to my gym locker*, but rather Olivia's percentages in height, weight and head circumference. Basically, she is 95-97% larger than all other children her age. Nice, huh? It doesn't matter to us though; even if she were in the fifth percentile of all these things, we'd still love her just the same. (Actually we'd have to love her a little less because there would be less of her to love. Get it? Less of her to love? Because she would be smaller? ... Get it?... [tap, tap] Is this thing on?...)

Anyway, she had her one year well visit this morning and she checked out just fine. Her pediatrician is really happy with the developmental milestones she's met and says to keep up the good work. And for those who care (a.k.a. the grandparents), here are the stats:

At one year of age, our big girl is 31" tall, weighs 24 lbs 12 ozs and has a head circumference of 19".


While we were waiting for the doc to come in, after I had stripped her down for the measurements, I tried to get a cute photo of the two of us because I've realized lately that I'm hardly ever IN any of the pictures I take. These pictures made me quickly realize why Nick is always the one to hold the camera in our self-portraits. I don't have the coordination to take a good picture if I'm not behind the viewfinder.

Ever tried to keep a one year old on an exam table AND take a picture at the same time? Not an easy feat.

And to think people say she looks like me...



*Who am I kidding? I don't go to the gym.

2 comments:

Haley said...

She's almost as tall as 10th % little Eva! I was going to comment on her looking like you. So funny! She is your spittin' image!

Mix and Match Mama said...

Dear Olivia,
Us big girls gotta stick together!
Love, Kensington