Monday, November 24, 2008

Showered with Love

Okay, so maybe I’m just not cut out for this whole blogging thing. I just can’t seem to keep up. I always seem to be running on about a 10 day delay. But as they say, better late than never, right?

Two weekends ago was a bridal shower for one of my best friends, Rachel Davis (soon to be Rachel Pittman). Shevin and Jacqueline were the absolute best co-hostesses ever, and thanks to things like my grandmother’s antique milk-glass, Jac’s superb mimosas & party planner skills and Shev’s Martha Stewart-like flower arrangements & invitations, the shower went on without a hitch and could not have turned out more beautifully for our dear friend. It was in the gallery at the McKinney Performing Arts Center, formerly the vault of the old courthouse in downtown McKinney. And don’t worry Jac, they didn’t charge us for the artwork that managed to jump off the wall while you were standing right underneath it. Here are some pictures from the shower.

The spread… fruit kabobs, sausage croissants, and quiche, oh my!

The hostesses and bride-to-be: Shevin, Jacqueline, Rachel & myself.

Rachel thoroughly enjoyed the game where we asked her questions about Ryan and their relationship then we compared it to his previously recorded answers.

The Mothers...

The cake was yummy. (Thanks again to Whitney for turning me on to the most affordable cake lady in McKinney, aka Melissa at Kroger on Lake Forest.)


So congratulations again Rachie! I’m so happy for you and Ryan and can’t hardly wait for the big day!

1 comment:

SJ said...

The shower was fantastic! I told Shevin that I'll be hiring you three for whenever I manage to have one :) Oh, and the croissant rolls with the sausage? Feel free to bring those by my house on a weekly basis. Happy Thanksgiving!!