Wednesday, November 12, 2008

My baby is 2!

(posting 10 days late again, but...) My little Carter-man turned two years old on November 2nd. Like all other parents, I have no idea where the time has gone and can't believe it's been two years already. I still remember so many moments from his first year as if they just happened yesterday. And even though the terrible twos set in early (and will no doubt continue into his threes), I still am reminded each day how lucky I am to have such a happy, healthy, terrifically quirky son. All those times of not obeying, not making it to the potty in time, accidentally throwing something at his sister, running into the street or busy parking lot, etc. all fade away when he opens his arms wide and looks at me and says "Mommy! Hugs." or "Mommy! Kisses." When those little arms squeeze my neck, I melt. OH how I love him so.

I don't have any of his 2 year stats yet because his checkup is next week, but we did have one awesome Sesame Street party at the Allen Natatorium the day before his birthday, so I'm happy to share some pics from that. He had a blast!

The Birthday Boy!

One of his favorite presents, ELMO!

What you can't see in this picture is that there is a cupcake underneath there...

All kids love balloons, right?

Splashin' fun with Blake!

Olivia enjoyed watching the fun from the bench, just hanging out with Gigi and Aunt Mindi.

More spectators: Aunt Belinda, Cousin Kalli, Aunt Mindi, and PawPaw.

Trying to contain this kid in a swimming pool is about as easy as wrestling an alligator.

And, of course, the family shot.

Happy Birthday my little man!

No comments: